QUESTIONS REGARDING HAFA OR MHA ? CALL (888)572-8020 NOW!
HAFA Expires December 31 2016 , and per www.makinghomeaffordable.gov the deadline to submit an application for HAFA short sale is 12/30/2016 because HAFA Expires December 31 2016, the program along with others within Making Home Affordable(MHA) are set to expire at the end of 2016. With no new programs that we know of in the works to take its place. Traditional non HAFA Short Sale reviews can pay out relocation incentives to a seller but no where as close to the $10,000 HAFA provides. Through a traditional short sale , if qualified , borrowers may receive up to $3,000.
HAFA also provides sellers of a short sale the chance to exit their homes and be relieved of their remaining debt through the short sale.
HAFA Qualifications are:
- You are struggling to make your mortgage payments due to financial hardship.
- You are delinquent or in danger of falling behind on your mortgage.
- You obtained your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009.
- Your property has not been condemned.
- You owe up to $729,750 on your primary residence or one-to-four unit rental property (loan limits are higher for two- to four-unit properties).
Some mortgage lenders like Nationstar have made their deadline to submit an apliction for a HAFA short sale 12/01/2016.